Let’s get down to the details. Below, find the full license agreement for all After Effects Templates Store products. Got a question about any of the licenses? Give us a shout. We’re happy to help.
This is an agreement between AFTER EFFECTS TEMPLATES STORE, doing business as After Effects Templates Store (“After Effects Templates Store”) and you, the licensee (“you”). If you are entering into this agreement on behalf of a company or other legal entity, you represent that you have the authority to bind such entity to these terms and conditions, in which case the terms “you” or “your” shall refer to such entity.
By using our website and/or purchasing one of our licenses, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of the following End User License (the “Agreement”):
For the purpose of this Agreement, the following definitions will apply:
A “Product” is any item licensed through After Effects Templates Store, including but not limited to templates, graphics packs, audio files and motion design projects which are compatible with the Adobe After Effects® software application.
A “New Media Project” is a production which makes use of new media or multimedia platforms, and includes but is not limited to online videos, videos on social media, company websites, video sharing sites, Internet advertisements, corporate training videos, online tutorials, e-learning tools, slideshows, internal corporate presentations and films.
After Effects Templates Store Non-Exclusive ‘Unlimited License’
After Effects Templates Store hereby grants you a personal, non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide right to use each Product licensed by you in an unlimited number solely in New Media Projects created by you. In consideration of such license, you hereby agree to pay After Effects Templates Store a certain license fee according to our website rates. Please see our license page for current pricing.
Limitations of Use
You may not:
- sell, assign, transfer, share, sub license or otherwise redistribute any Product, or the right to use any Product, to any third party, except solely as embodied within a New Media Project created by you;
- sell, assign, transfer, share, sub license or otherwise redistribute any Product in a manner that is competitive with After Effects Templates Store, including as, or as part of, a digital template;
- charge a client or third party for customization services for less than the cost of the actual Product;
- represent, expressly or by way of reasonable implication, that any Product was created by you or a person other than the copyright holder(s) of that Product;
- use a Product in connection with any New Media Project that is pornographic, defamatory, or could be considered libelous, obscene, or illegal;
- use a Product in a manner that infringes upon any third party’s trademark or other intellectual property right, or would give rise to a claim of deceptive advertising or unfair competition; or
- use a Product, or any part thereof, as a trademark, service mark, logo, or other indication of origin;
- Render the Product through a service that allows a third party to customize a digital or physical product to their specific needs, such as an “on demand”, “made to order” or “build it yourself” service.
You hereby acknowledge that After Effects Templates Store is and remains the owner of all right, title and interest in each Product licensed by you, including without limitation any copyrights therein. Each Product is protected by and subject to Canadian and international copyright laws. After Effects Templates Store retains the right to sell licenses to the Products to third parties at its discretion.
Warranties and Representations
All Products are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to the implied warranties of non-infringement, merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, After Effects Templates Store warrants that it has the right to grant the license granted here under.
Limitation of Liability
In the event of a claim arising from the use of a Product, After Effects Templates Store’s total liability to you under this Agreement shall be limited to the fee paid here under by you to After Effects Templates Store for the license to such Product.
In the event that After Effects Templates Store gets a notice that any Product may be subject to a claim of infringement, upon notice from After Effects Templates Store, you will immediately stop using the Product, delete or remove the Product from your premises, computer systems and storage (electronic or physical), and ensure that your clients do likewise. In such event, After Effects Templates Store’s sole obligation will be to provide you with a comparable Product (which comparability will be determined by After Effects Templates Store in its reasonable commercial judgment) free of charge, but subject to the other terms and conditions of this Agreement.
After Effects Templates Store makes no representations or warranties that all Products will be available at all times. After Effects Templates Store may discontinue licensing certain Products at its sole discretion.
Except for purchases made within the Canadian territories, fees charged by After Effects Templates Store hereunder do not include any taxes, duties or other government charges. You are solely responsible for any such taxes, duties or other charges, including without limitation, sales and use taxes and value added taxes.
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed according to the laws of the Province of Quebec, Canada, and the Parties hereby acquiesce to the jurisdiction of the courts of the judicial district of Montreal. Nothing in the present Agreement shall be interpreted as constituting or creating a joint venture or partnership between the Parties. This Agreement shall be to the benefit of and bind the respective heirs, executors, administrators and assigns of the Parties hereto.
If any part of this Agreement shall be determined to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction or any other legally constituted body having jurisdiction to make such determination, the remainder of this Agreement shall remain in full force and effect.
It is expressly understood and agreed that this Agreement is entered into solely for the mutual benefit of the parties herein and that no benefits, rights, duties, or obligations are intended by this TOS as to third parties.